Every Monday, 5:30 – 7:00 PM
I invite new students to attend the first class for free! Try it, and see if you like it.
$78 for 6 classes ($13/class to be used within 7 weeks) Check or cash
$132 for 12 classes ($11/class to be used within 14 weeks) Check or cash
$15 drop-in fee (Drop-ins only for those who have completed a class series with Annelise.)
The therapeutic postures from the Viniyoga tradition focus on integrated breath (pranayama) and postures (asana) for optimal health, healing and beyond. Viniyoga is the evidenced-based yoga for chronic low-back pain, as proven in the National Institutes of Health study, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
The breath-centric practice uses neuro-muscular programming, where dysfunctional patterns are re-wired by repetitions designed to carve new neuro-muscular pathways, awakening the sense acuity pathways and creating a new way of movement.
You will also:
- Break out of slump-land with the help of a Posture Coach, improve your postural alignment, and alleviate “forward-head” and “text-neck”
- Learn life-long skills to maintain a flexible and supple spine, and prevent future pain and strain ~ “You are as young as your spine is flexible”.
- Link the flow of your breath to the movement of your spine. Practice breathing and meditation techniques to renew energy for overall well-being, cultivate the relaxation response, improve mood, combat anxiety and depression, and enhance the cardio-vascular and nervous systems.
- Safely and effectively treat chronic pain and inflammation
- Strengthen weak muscles; develop core abdominal strength to support your aching back
- Identify and release chronic contractions, stiffness, and holding patterns that keep you “stuck” in pain
- Develop healthy movement patterns and range of motion
Adaptive poses are presented, and everyone is encouraged to respect their body and move at their own level. Beginners welcome.
If you have undergone trauma, suffered an injury, surgery, or simply want to find release and relief — get back in action with this class!
Contact Annelise with any questions.
All classes are conveniently located just south of downtown Asheville at the Town & Mountain Training Center at 261 Asheland Avenue at Phifer St. (McDowell St. changes into Ashland Avenue at this corner.) Plenty of parking.
The studio is in the back of Town and Mountain Realty. Park in upper lot on the RIGHT hand side of the building. Walk up the walkway to your LEFT.